"The Internet has become twice as influential as TV and 8 times that of Print" - Digital Influence Index Study: Fleishman-Hillard
Just like any other part of your marketing mix, Online marketing must fit and coordinate with all other marketing functions.
Remember, Online marketing is just anther component of your promotional mix, its is a medium of communication, nothing more, and, while self-proclaimed 'marketing experts' suggest the internet has changed marketing forever the fact is that the rules of marketing apply more powerfully than ever before.
How to start online marketing: The first five steps
STEP 1 to Start Online Marketing:
First you have to register a domain name... the site address that you intend to promote yourself... e.g. ours is www.launchengineering.com
STEP 2 to Start Online Marketing:
Then you have to appoint a web host... a company with a big computer (called a 'server' which stores all your web site files and allows the world wide web to access them, (securely and fast).
FatCow Web Hosting. Free Trial , Free Setup, Free Support – All risk free! - Affordable to start, and big for when you grow, so you won't have to change!
STEP 3 to Start Online Marketing:
Write the copy and select the images you want to portray on you web site (feel free to contact us to help) and then select and appropriate web design or layout
Make Your Landing Page LOOK and PERFORM Like a Star - 150+ High Converting and Quality Landing Page Templates - Landing Pages that actually work rather than just look nice.
STEP 4 to Start Online Marketing:
Commit to vigilant search engine marketing efforts to maximise you sales inquiries
- For Search Engine Optimization (SEO) CLICK HERE
- To increase Website Traffic CLICK HERE
- Internet Marketing SEO Tools for Free Traffic to Your Website. CLICK HERE
STEP 5 to Start Online Marketing:
Commit to vigilant search engine marketing efforts to maximise you sales inquiries
Win the interest, enthusiasm and loyalty of those that visit your site
Online Marketing to improve your internet business
What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
The goal of every internet-based business is to get more people to visit their site and subscribe or buy from any of their services being offered. This is not as simple as it may sound. It is not easy to neither convert visitors to buyers nor convince people to believe to your products. It takes a combination of a good website design and knowledge to effectively optimize a website.
Conversion Rate Optimization is about sharpening your saw
Is your website getting a lot of visitors, but not a lot of results? Conversion Rate Optimization can help. It is the process of making a series of small improvements that make website visitors more likely to turn into customers.
Picture a saw you use to cut wood all day. Over time, the saw’s effectiveness starts to diminish… you could buy a whole new saw every time the blade got dull for $30 each time. Or you could just sharpen the blade for $4 and have it perform like new (or better).
Companies often believe that an entire website redesign is needed every 1-3 years to get better results from their online visitors. In reality, a process of incremental change will both cost less and have data to back up why the changes are valuable. Conversion Rate Optimization relies on real live evidence to make design choices, not the tastes and preferences of designers and/or executives.
So if your website results are dull, before you think about buying a new saw, try employing conversion rate optimization techniques to sharpen your site today.
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is simply an art of strategically encouraging and persuading your site visitors to take certain actions that benefit you, by signing up on a paid subscription, making a purchase or offering a donation. Conversion rate refers to the percentage of your site visitors who take a desired action to your call.
Conversion Rates Optimization helps in increasing profits and sales by helping the website reach its maximum potential. It uses a wide variety of techniques including engagement strategy, unique selling proposition, persuasive content and professional web design that is credibility-based to convert a simple site visitor into buyers. By using the three major techniques, planning, designing, and optimizing your website, you can be sure that your website will become your most powerful and efficient sales tool.
Conversion rate can be useful in many ways:
- General Conversion Rate - This refers to the amount of the overall conversion rate for the main goal of your site.
- Conversion Rate at specific point - This measures how visitors adapt and respond to a specific point or call-to-action on your website.
- Conversion Rate at specific condition - This measures how visitors respond under a specific set of conditions.
- Conversion Rate Trends - This measures conversion rates over time and can be used to determine your optimization success.
In the end, the website that will gain a good conversion rate is the one that combines good design and structure along with a great content that will gain confidence of its visitors.
Conversion Rate Optimization is a fast and easy strategy for increasing online and internet marketing results
Conversion Rate Optimization is the process of making your website generate more results by being more persuasive, more trustworthy, easier to navigate, etc. Plus, it's the best way to significantly increase your leads and sales without having to spend a bunch of money on increasing your traffic. In fact, it's the first step that should be taken before increasing your targeted traffic so you don't waste money.
Avoid These Common Pitfalls:
Unfortunately, most websites are not set up properly to convert traffic to leads or sales. The typical websites we're hired to optimize lack critical trust-building components, have confusing navigation, and contain little or no compelling or benefit-oriented value proposition, headlines, content, or offers. In fact, they waste 75%+ of their traffic due to lack of persuasion and "sales-ability."
Increase web site conversions
If you've invested in website development only to find that your site is not optimized to generate high conversion rates, you are missing out on your biggest opportunity to increase leads and sales. In fact, by making your website more appealing to your target market, you can double (maybe even quadruple) your leads or sales in a relatively short period of time. For example, a MarketingSherpa.com case study showed that www.GoToMyPC.com increased their conversion rates by 400% by optimizing their content and website.
A professionally designed website makes people feel more confident and compelled to buy from you, which in turn means you'll get:
- Higher sales
- Higher response rates
- Higher conversion rates
- Better customer retention
- Better returns on your investment
5 Steps towards Increasing Website Conversion Rate for better Online Marketing Results
STEP 1: Define your visitor profiles
Every company has customers with unique personality attributes and characteristics. For example, a software company we worked with had the following profiles…
1. IT Professionals who need to monitor the company network's performance
2. Chief Financial Officers (CFO’s) who need to track financial information
3. Sales and Marketing Managers who need quick access to customer data
This is 3 different people with 3 very different and distinct needs. The website needed new content and images that illustrated exactly how the software helps these 3 very different people.
Most websites convert at only a tiny fraction of their true potential because they're not designed to appeal to their target market, much less the individual profiles of their most likely buyers. Fortunately, you can transform your website into a powerful tool for appealing to your prospects, educating them about your product or service, overcoming their objections, persuading them to buy, and getting them to act now. That's exactly what conversion optimization is designed to do.
If you truly believe our product or service will help your customer, this can be done by defining your typical site visitors and writing your copy to appeal to their needs. Use the following 2 attributes to define your web site visitor’s profiles…
1. Demographics: What kinds of people buy from you and what are their attributes?
2. Psychographics: What does the person do psychologically as part of their buying decision process? What are the overall goals that they want to achieve, what are their objections, and specifically how can you show them your product or service is the right choice over your competition?
STEP 2: Create the redesign plan
OK, now you know who your top 2, 3 or more customer profiles are. The next step is to build a "path" you can take each profile through on your website to give them all the information they need to know to make the decision to become a new lead or client.
Every page of your website should be mapped out including these 5 elements:
- Which visitor profiles are likely to visit each web page;
- Which specific keywords they may use at the search engines to get there;
- The questions the prospect landing on that page needs to have answered;
- The specific strategy the web page will take to answer these questions;
- A list of the actions each profile might take next.
STEP 3: Write targeted copy for the new site
Now that you know the elements your website and individual pages need to include to satisfy your customer profiles, the next step is to write compelling, benefit-oriented copy that communicates the following for your customers…
- WIIFM - What's In It For Me? What goals are you going to help them achieve and what are the benefits your product or service offers them that will help achieve them and how?
- Why should I buy your product or service instead of the competition’s?
- What objections do your profiled customers have, and how specifically does your product or service satisfy them?
STEP 4: Calls to action
Use primary responses and secondary or "back-up" responses. Usually, the primary response of a web site is to purchase your product or become a lead by signing up for a free white paper, webinar, or information kit, etc. But, for every 1 person who delivers your primary response (buys or becomes a lead), there are at least 10 others who almost bought or almost clicked but decided against it at the last second.
Develop ways to move these "almost buyers" or "almost leads" (the ones who didn't buy or sign up) closer to the sale with "back-up responses." Perhaps your visitor is not ready to buy just now, but she would like to know about your monthly specials. All she has to do is sign up for your email newsletter, "email specials" or similar back up response.
STEP 5: Professional Design
According to a recent study by Stanford University, 46% of Web sales are lost on web sites that lack the critical elements that build value and trust with website visitors. The number one reason people indicated why they wouldn't buy from a web site was because it had an unprofessional "look and feel" that lacked credibility and did not "feel" trustworthy.
The solution is simple…
- Use a professional “look and feel” that instils trust within your visitors
- Use testimonials
- Offer a risk-free guarantee
As you can see, having a professional look, and persuasive copy (words) will help convert significantly more of your web site's qualified visitors into new leads and customers. In turn, this will boost your company's revenues and profits.
Contact us today for a free price quote on our conversion rate optimization, call 02 9904 5355 NOW.
Internet Marketing and Online Business
- 901 million users currently access Facebook on a monthly basis. (April 2012)
- 85% of all website traffic originates from search engines, without SEO you're losing money to your competition every single day!
- 65% of people searching the Internet will never find your web site unless you're ranked on the first page of Google, MSN, or Yahoo.
- "Social media advertising spending will increase from $2.1 billion in 2010 to $8.3 billion by 2015." (BIA/Kelsey via Direct Marketing News)
- "Social media accounts for one out of every six minutes spent online in US." (Journalism.co.uk)
- "According to a Network Solutions survey, the use of social media among SMBs has grown over the years, rising from 12 percent in 2009, to 24 percent in 2010 to 31 percent currently." (Search Engine Watch)
A definition of CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation)
CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation) might be defined as ... "The process of increasing the proportion of visitors to a web site who convert to an enquiry, sale or other positive response desired by the web site owner".
10 Key Points for Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Credibility-based design
- Easy navigation
- Logo credibility
- Memorable slogans
- Benefit-oriented headlines
- Best content placement
- Best Practices for CRO
- Calls to action
- Benefit-oriented content
- Using “hero shots”
- Interactivity and engagement
According to a recent Gartner Group study, about 50% of web sales are lost because visitors cannot easily find the content, products, or services they're looking for on websites. Knowing your website's "Conversion Rate" is THE most important e-metric to track, yet 60% of marketers do NOT know how well their site is converting visitors to clients. Now you can take your online marketing business to new heights with tested and proven "conversion rate optimization" tactics.
How is CRO achieved?
Advanced CRO requires significant quantitative research, and absolute hits to a site.. where the web developer can split visitors between pages and offer varying page layouts and content to identify and determine the optimal combination of copy images, offer etc. that most inspire targeted visitors.
However, the roles of marketing communications, the buyer adoption process, consumer behaviour and buyer readiness, disciplines unknown to many IT specialists, but second nature to formally trained marketing professionals, are the starting point for superior CRO.
Squeezing Value from Web Development people
Horse for courses is the best advice when seeking web development help.
Once you have a full understanding of you market, have drafted marketing objectives and developed consequent strategies, then it is time to think about tactics. Web Developers come VERY late in the process, marketing consultancy should be your top priority until all else is in place.
Improve online conversion rate from visitors to a website, reduce bounce rate
Good conversion rate optimization means constantly striving for a good good bounce rate. Your online conversion rate, will improve once you adopt disciplined Web Development strategy, and reducing bounce rate, should also help increase the number of visitors to a website, by improving search engine ranking.
How to reduce bounce rate
You can reduce your bounce rate by improving content. You can improve your bounce rate by attracting more appropriate visitors. You can make a more potent offer. You can test different layouts and copy. You can use software. Sometimes all it takes is a simple picture...
Why not ask us to help you improve your bounce rate now? CLICK HERE
Your online marketing plan should address:
- Benefits of Conversion Rate Optimization
- Best Practice of Conversion Rate Optimization
- Factors to Maximize Conversion Rate Optimization
- Reasons to Conversion Rate Optimization
- Techniques for Conversion Rate Optimization
Call 02 9904 5355 NOW.
Wise Words on Online Marketing
Success in e-business, as in any business, isn't about marketing or about design; it's about sales. - Bryan Eisenberg
Redefine an existing Online Business Model or build a New Online Business Model
Utilize experienced management consultants with deep understanding and knowledge of the online & digital media sectors:
- Define 0-5 year strategy for the new online business model, to make it a primary channel for sales and service in 3-4 years
- Working closely with business (and existing channels) to understand current capabilities, trajectories and strategy for Online
- Drive business unit tactical strategy and ‘game planning’s strategy with business to accelerate Online returns
- Outline from external research, the capabilities required to meet stated strategy including competitor assessment, alignment with customer segmentation, brand positioning and product strategy
- Work with technology, financial and process enablement leads in the team to create necessary roadmap to achieve vision
Internet & Online Marketing Resources and Reference Pages
|Online Marketing Training For Business Owners: CLICK HERE||
How to use low cost online marketing techniques to make sure your business is found online when customers are searching for your product or services. Complete with action plans.
|Pingback Optimizer: CLICK HERE||
Put your article marketing on steroids and turn your Wordpress blog into a traffic generating machine. Boost your search engine rankings by using the Pingback Optimizer!
|Google Top Ten Optimization: CLICK HERE||
Get your website to the top of Google in less than 30 days. Google Top Ten Optimization has all the latest tips and tricks to make it happen.
|Wordpress Split Test Optimizer Plugin: CLICK HERE||
Wordpress users that are serious about conversions love this plugin. It allows users to easily integrate the popular Google Website Optimizer software with their Wordpress Blog to run A/b split tests.
|How to Succeed with Social Media: CLICK HERE||
Outlines specific social media techniques for small business owners to use in marketing their business online effectively using social media.