Get the most from your PR (Public Relations): Generate free publicity, word of mouth advertising, editorial
Strategic Public Relations Planning is a pivotally important part of your promotional mix. How you manage your PR (Public relations) can have a significant effect on exposure, the amount of free publicity, and media relations can mean the difference between good and bad publicity, word of mouth information dispersion, sponsorship ROI & the success of your brand management.
See how the relative importance of different media is changing! How word of mouth PR and publicity has grown in importance!
The relative importance of different types of promotion has been changing for some time. This is accelerating!
Many advertising agencies still sing the praises of TV advertising, but no longer is it as relatively important in B2C, and its true benefit has never been key in B2B.
Rules are being broken... successfully! Business successes and outcomes are proving straggling academic theorists wrong, or at least on the hop!
Acutely aware practitioners are securing significant and sustainable competitive advantage by recognising and utilising their knowledge of change to make them better at satisfying market wants and needs and securing longer lasting and generous profits.
6 Tips for better PR
- Incorporate PR into a written and comprehensive marketing communications plan which includes an Action Program for publicity, advertorial, editorial, SMM (social media marketing) with word of mouth with smooth objectives of what you want good PR to instill
- Delegate responsibility is the formal job description to a c-level executive for PR that supports marketing, growth and strategies, particularly if your are planning a product launch.
- Focus your PR on generation of better brand loyalty, positive publicity, coordinated with advertising, for maximum editorial and word of mouth opportunities.
- Ensure PR activity aims for key segments as the prime target audience
- Remember: Every exposure of the business to the public is an opportunity to impress and generate publicity, editorial and word of mouth
- Communicate with your prime target customers: Customers who want your business, products, services, skills and knowledge.
Publicity, Public relations, PR, media relations, publicity, word of mouth advertising, sponsorship advice and management help
Strategic marketing consultants that know how publicity can work for you:
- Know how publicity fits into your organisation
- Can assist you to choose a consultant
- Know how to achieve cost-effective publicity
- Know how to chase free publicity to yield higher profits
- Know how to recognise, select and manage the specialists responsible for global publicity
- Optimise and promote your web site/s in the process of sky-rocketing businesses image and promoting sales.
Get Free Publicity, Go viral and get word of mouth advertising
Social media has revolutionised word-of-mouth communication... a brand can be cruelly marred with just one viral message, or its success can be assured.... Learn More >>>
The Role of Publicity - Generating Free Publicity
- Develop a positive and familiar relationship with all media
- Identify news and WOM opportunities
- Profile your achievements
- Direct journalists and bloggers to you as the ‘right’ expert
- Coach other staff in PR activities
- Manage all PR issues – to ‘fire fight’ as well as promote
- To ‘air’ thoughts & findings
News Value: What gets free publicity?
- Impact (drama, outrage, shock value)
- Timeliness (news fast 27/7)
- Proximity (most likely to effect the readership)
- Novelty (strange, contradictory, different)
- Prominence ((people who are important, celebrities, hold status)
- Human Interest (emotionally, attachment, generosity, philanthropy)
- Currency (things that hold an on-going fascination)
... A great story embodies more than one of the above.
Who, What, When, Where, How & Why
Two kinds of announcement
1. News alert – an event about to happen, advanced warning (NB: Prominence and Timeliness)
2. News report - describes the context in such a way as to interest the reader
Call 02 9904 5355 NOW.
A definition of PR
A definition of PR is ... "The management of communications between and organisations and the public, used to build understanding with customers, investors, voters, supporters, channel partners, the industry (including competitors) and the general public."
Enjoy strategic PR advice and assistance in gaining publicity.
Adopt well formed, coordinated and realistic methods, to help achieve better PR outcomes.
Launch Engineering helps organisations manage their PR companies. write news releases, articles and editorial for trade, professional and mass media, suitable for magazines, newspapers, the internet, radio and television.
Squeezing Value from PR people
For appropriate budgets we control and maximise performance of major PR agencies so larger companies enjoy maximum results, and their agencies are empowered to exercise their best efforts. liaise with media contacts on behalf of our clients and advise our clients on media relations and publicity strategy.
With some assistance from our subcontractors, we maintain media distribution lists and monitor media coverage.
With extensive experience, training and 'network', buttons can be pushed to secure overwhelming publicity locally, nationally and internationally.
From 1996 to 2003, our company managed the PR for fitness trainer agency, Fit Too Travel. Although they had a meagre advertising budget of less than $40,000 per annum, the value of the publicity generated was NEVER less than $250,000 per annum! So successful was the publicity generated that the business secured an unaided recall in adults 21-50 of over 20% in the Sydney metro area.... and awareness level that media experts suggest would require in excess of $2M to secure only temporarily.
Press Release Script
The caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity.George Carlin
PR for the Professions
A collection of PR (public relations) e-manuals for PR professionals in private PR practice and other PR experts. Learn how to get media coverage and other PR strategies for marketing a local practice, including healthcare, legal, financial, architects and others. Click Here!