Analysis that identifies ways of improving business performance
Diplomatic, Covert & Discrete discovery of business problems, identifying issues that hamper business performance: Discretely Check Competence of Management
Why isn't your company, division or business unit doing better? Wouldn't you like to discretely check competence of Management?
Deficiency Analysis Improves Business Performance by Discretely Discovering Hidden Weak Points
A systematic process by which you covertly, but objectively, find out why a business is underperforming.
What is Deficiency Analysis?
Deficiency analysis is identification of your business's weak points, the “Achilles Heel” within an organisation. In the context of a SWOT Analysis, it is a critical but unbiased identification of the Weaknesses of the organisation, for the sole purpose of isolating controllable variables that are interrupting the flow of growth, profit, sales, morale, goodwill, or any other sought after improvement that the organisation wishes to pursue.
The benefits of Deficiency Analysis are significant! Identification of Deficiencies can save a company from a plethora of tragedies. Some of the benefits include saved market share, saved profit, extra growth, reduced staff turnover, improved staff moral, greater sales, better public image.
What are the costs of Hidden Deficiencies?
The cost of not having Deficiency Analysis is high: The longer you go without it, the higher the opportunity cost to the organisation. The ultimate cost is when a formerly profitable organisation becomes a loss business and is forced to close its doors… far more than the few thousand dollars that a Deficiency Analysis would cost to protect the company.
Who needs Deficiency Analysis?
If you’ve read this far, you must have a problem: This solves it. For simple piece of mind, to clear nagging doubt, or independently and objectively prove your suspicions ORDER DEFICIENCY ANALYSIS NOW!
Typical users of Deficiency Analysis are:
- Major shareholders of companies where management is in question
- Non-executive Boards who feel they need to understand operations better, without alienating management
- CEO's of companies with a troubled subsidiary, division or business unit
- Senior Executives responsible for a division or business unit that is not performing
Slingshot your sales and your profits into a whole new universe of experience.
Identify why and if there are deficiencies, under-utilised opportunities or barriers to success... Contact us now!
Evaluation of management and organisational performance, to uncover the key business problem and/or discover the real reasons why business is bad.
In the wake of a landslide of top American corporations such as Enron, WorldCom, Global Crossing, Kmart, Polaroid, Arthur Andersen, AT&T, Xerox, and Qwest falling into disarray, research was conducted into why sophisticated and capable companies with huge talent pools, assets and infrastructure had gone so bad.
CEOs blamed bad economy, market turbulence, weak exchange rates, natural disasters, competitive foul-play and other variables they claimed were out of their control.
However, closer scrutiny of corporate failure found one common factor: Management failed.
Reasons why business failed included:
1. Corporate Arrogance: Less optimal decision making due to over-confidence after prolonged periods of success.
2. Lack of Objectivity: Companies avoiding difficult questions, denying need for change and refusing to alter a bad business model.
3. Politics before frank and open candour: Cultures where subordinates feared telling C-level bosses hard truths.
4. Risky Decision Making: Bad decisions on both "Execution risk" and "Liquidity risk".
5. Undisciplined merger & acquisition program: Described as lust for growth, accumulating assets for the sake of accumulating assets.
6. Profit gouging and focus on ROE at the cost of human resources: Cost cutting wages to boost annual figures
7. Lack of planning: Reaction rather than action: Tactics rather than strategy.
8. Absence of Alignment. No engagement, focus or collaborative agreement to empower front-line employees to make the right decisions.
9. Downward Spiral. Desperation breeding desperation with cost-led management rather than market-led business development.
10. Incompetence at Board level. Corporate boards appointed for political rather than performance based reasons.
Summarily, the research determined, many failed companies would have continued to prosper with more enlightened management with companies levelled as a result of "an incremental descent into poor judgment."
A "sales-not-marketing" oriented culture, mind-numbing complexity, and unrealistic performance goals all mixed until the violation of standards became the standard.
The early-warning system against business failure.
1. Re-engineer the board, which can be full of very capable people yet be totally ineffective as a group. Directors need a forum where they can talk frankly without the CEO, or better yet an annual retreat where the board can assess its own performance as well as the CEO's.
2. Give employees a "voice". Its regular employees- who have the most to lose if their employer fails, it follows that they have a greater incentive than anyone to act as company watchdogs.
3. Demand accountability on a cash basis. Demand strategic planning that incorporates contingency planning for variables beyond control of management.
Not only do Launch Engineering consultants have an impeccable history of successfully improving business, business units, corporate divisions and businesses, but they also use the experience and knowledge of other companies in Australia and around the world. Ensure you maximise results by avoiding their mistakes and using their successful strategies.
Using omnipotent marketing science, a business that should perform will perform. If business performance doesn't sky-rocket as we forecast, we'll even refund our fees! At the very least, you’ll get an objective opinion on whether the BU or division is a rising star, a problem child or a dog.
For fast business recovery, to revive or save a failing business, turn around a struggling business, or breathe life into a 'problem-child' product, brand or division
Call now if you have recently said to yourself, or others...
- "We are just not getting the marketing right"
- "There is something wrong with my business"
- "We need performance improvement/turnaround"
Performance improvement & turnaround
A Deficiency Analysis will reveal the true reasons why you business unit isn't 'firing' and will deliver the turnaround strategy & processes necessary to fix it.
From a formal Marketing Audit to a "Discrete Insight Study" - you'll have the facts to fix a struggling business.
Launch Engineering offers you years of successful management experience, and consulting performance in turning around stale companies, troubled divisions, or businesses that simply fall short of their potential. Examples include:
- Helping a $20M pa. turn-over retailer become an $200M one
- Writing the five-year plan for a billion-dollar transport company to reduce costs and expand market share - simultaneously!
- Writing and implementing the marketing strategy for an established global pharmaceutical company to expand the sales and brand penetration of a stagnating S2 brand.
- Developing product portfolio and launch strategies that increased an FMCG business' sales by 33%.
- Mentoring a global dental products company in its international expansion
- Showing a stagnating national publisher how to formalise its new product development procedures, building some successful new brands in the process
From retail to FMCG, professional services to industrial commodities, Launch Engineering will almost certainly determine the missing links to join you to sales, profits growth, and performance that may never even have previously been thought possible. Call 02 8011 4355 NOW.
SWOT Business Diagnosis: Opportunity & Deficiency Analysis
Years of management consulting, dealing with difficult business scenarios, led us to develop and refine a valuable management tool we call "Deficiency Analysis" - finding out why a division or business unit is not 'performing'. Our proprietary methodology identifies significant factors causing poor performance, but also reveals business solutions to turnaround poor performance.
Save a business by identifying why a business is failing & its key business mistakes.
Big business and corporate organisations with sales turnover between $100M and $1B can find new and innovative strategies to perform more profitably.
The stronger the operational prowess of a senior executive, the more they can use strategic marketing based advice.
3 Key Characteristics of Deficiency Analysis
- It is discrete - we are, after all, marketing strategists, who need to understand the business to offer strategic advice.
- It is comprehensive - we'll report the level of business that offers the key opportunities for productivity and profit gain - whether it be coal face or boardroom.
- It is accurate - when we submit your report, it is valid and reliable, we can even offer forecasts of financial gain as a result of following recommendations.
Discretely Check Competence of Management
If everything is good, no one need ever know you've checked!
Launch Engineering is known for marketing planning. Occasionally, our marketing planning projects are Deficiency Analysis in disguise. Regardless of findings, no one ever knows were weren't just doing a marketing planning, or some other strategic project... so you are free to discretely check competence of management.
Ask us about accountable marketing management, CLICK HERE for more info...
Deficiency & Opportunity Analysis
SWOT & ERROR Business Diagnosis
- Why isn't that division making money?
- What has happened to the usual high performance results I'm used to?
- How are we going wrong?
- Can it be fixed? And How?
- What needs to happen to turn loss into profit?
REQUEST a Consultant to help you find out what is wrong with your business - Call Sydney 8011 4355 now!
DANGER SIGNS! Demand a Deficiency Analysis NOW!
If any of the excuses are touted, chances are you organisation needs Deficiency Analysis.
- "We didn't see it coming"
- "I simply can't explain"
- "It was time for an 'adjustment'."
- "Unforseen competitive activity."
- "The trade/industry has been tougher than usual."
- "Staff have been hard to get/replace."
- "Its the fault of the Government"
- "Price competition is too high."
- "The advertising agency misled us"
- "People just aren't buying".
- "Its the economy."
- "Some key accounts went bad"
- "We just could get and/or keep good staff!"
Ways to Improve Business
- Embrace Marketing Planning
- Check a Product Launch Marketing Plan
- Build stronger marketing plans
- Better Market Research
- Use inspiring Mission and Vision
- Dominate Internet Marketing
- Appoint Expert Marketing Consultants
- Maintain good Competitor Analysis
- Exercise continuous Public Relations
- Adopt Market-led Pricing Strategy
- Analyse customer profitability
- Undertake marketing training
- Maintain on-going innovation
- Observe good governance
Wise Words for Performance Management Improvement
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Sir Winston Churchill
"In 70% of small business failures, a key factor was the owner not recognizing or ignoring weaknesses, and then not seeking help." - SCORE / US Bank survey of failed small businesses.
SWOT and business process analysis, includes PESTEL analysis and an evaluation of management and business processes... helping decision making in business, evaluation of management, improving business process, answering business questions & discovery of unseen weaknesses ... providing a concise performance improvement plan. Learn More>>
02 8011 4355
But, if you want to do-it-yourself, we recommend the following:
MBA BIBLE - The Ultimate MBA Guide
MBA Bible is a guide for existing MBA students, those considering doing an MBA and business people who want to gain an understanding of the inner workings of an MBA in a summarized guide created by MBA graduates Click Here!
A Strategic Plan for your business in 7 Easy Steps
Strategic Plan and Free eBooks to power Your Business to Greater Profits. Discover Key skills for Your Business Success - 70+ pages to help your business fly high - includes Resale Rights. Click Here!
Create business growth, AND improve service, improve business results and growth dramatically. Build business performance improvement by discovering reasons for business failure. Uncover ALL the reasons why a business unit or division is not performing.
Ideally, big companies with expert, senior, operational executives have everything 'humming' perfectly. However, sometimes they don't and a business that should be performing well just isn't.
Strategic SWOT Analysis helps Management focus
- identify 'invisible' opportunities,
- introduce benchmark standards from other industries, introduce necessary change & innovation,
- apply advanced marketing governance more suited to the circumstances the company is in now, than has in the past,
- open planning and thought to new ideas, processes, concepts and methods the company may never have previously considered,
- stimulate succession planning,
- execute beneficial mergers & acquisitions,
- inspire morale & team building,
- develop & execute strategic planning,
- master-mind turnarounds and
- embrace positive reorganization.
PESTEL analysis and evaluation of management and business processes helps identify business solutions
What is PESTEL Analysis?
PESTEL analysis is identification of issues beyond the control of the organisation that need to be considered addressed in strategic planning. PESTLE or PESTEL is an acronym that stands for Politics, Environment, Social & cultural, Technological, Legal and Economic issues. Recently theorists have added Ecological and Demographic to make the acronym PESTLEED - we'll look at those, too! ;-)
You can benefit from our experience and knowledge in building six and seven-figure turnover companies, and helping launch countless successful new products, brands and businesses. Overcome challenges, that may seem daunting, utilising resources and methods used by the most successful companies around the world.
If your company has hit a glass ceiling, levelled out at sales of $5M, $50M or $500M, then business diagnosis & deficiency analysis will identify the right approach, resources and methods to improve performance.